Activities within Walking Distance of Bear Crossing
It’s vacation time again, who’s getting excited? I know I am! Have you been trying to think of the perfect place to visit? Well, how about Pigeon Forge?! Surrounded by the beautiful Smoky Mountains, this ideal tourist destination has become a favorite amongst millions of visitors each year. What makes Pigeon Forge so special? We have so many exciting things to see and places to go at every single corner, no vacation is ever the same when you visit here. We’re also home to the amazing Dolly Parton parks! This place has become so special to so many people. When looking to plan a vacation, one of my favorite things to look for is a place to stay where I can walk to a few places in town. When you stay with us here at Bear Crossing, our property is conveniently located right smack dab in the middle of town at traffic light #5! It’s the ideal spot to be able to walk to a few attractions in the area, and not have to worry about loading up the car. Another perk of staying with us is that we also offer FREE TICKETS to numerous shows and attractions, saving you over $275 a day, talk about a great deal! One of those attractions also happen to be in walking distance of our condos. So are you ready to take a look at Activities within Walking Distance of Bear Crossing? Lets check them out!
- The Island – This new one stop shop has everything you could ever need in one spot. You could actually spend an entire day here if you wanted to. The kids (and even adults) will be happy to see a ropes course, escape game, mirror maze, gem mining, arcade, bumper cars, and plenty of other fun rides and attractions! This is also the location of The Great Smoky Mountain Wheel, the attraction above that I told you you’d be getting a free adult ticket for (yay!) Climb aboard your enclosed gondola and get ready to see some breathtaking views our beautiful Smokies. Feel like doing a little shopping? You can find plenty of shops here like Puzzled, Pepper Palace, Emery’s 5 & 10, Buckboard Too, and the Kryptonite Character Store! Every member in your family is sure to find something here to take home with them. They also have live entertainment here. Want to hear some classic bluegrass music? Head on over to the Ole Smoky Moonshine Distillery and grab a rocking chair outside of their entrance to hear some amazing tunes. Tap your feet and rock your chair along to these wonderful four piece groups that come out and entertain us almost every hour on the hour. There’s also a fountain light show right nearby where you can see lights and the water dancing along to a choreographed set of songs, it’s such a special event so you and the family won’t want to miss it! Don’t forget to grab a bite to eat before you go from Margaritaville or Paula Deen’s Family Kitchen! Nothing beats having a path that leads from our condos over here.
- The Old Mill Square – Here you can enjoy some dining, shopping, and even a step back in time when you visit. This special mill wheel is actually on the National Historic Register, so you can see how truly popular this place truly is. The Old Mill actually produced electricity for our town until 1935 and it made the flours and meals for the people during this time. It’s amazing to walk through a piece of our history, it makes this destination even more memorable. There are also plenty of shops to visit as you walk around and they range from pottery to kitchen items and everything between! The most popular spot is the Old Mill General Store where you can find all kinds of flours, jams, and mixes. There are also two delicious restaurants here – The Old Mill Restaurant and The Pottery House Cafe & Grille. The first is served family style and the second has individual meal choices. They both can’t be beat when it comes to having some of the best food in town. You can take a stroll through Patriot Park once you’re done eating and even grab a cold treat from The Old Mill Creamery. The Old Mill is truly a must visit! Don’t forget you can walk here via the Pigeon Forge Riverwalk that runs behind Bear Crossing and leads you here.
- Alcatraz East Crime Museum – This new attraction features an in depth look at the history of American Crime. Don’t let the name fool you, this museum focuses on more than just Alcatraz. There are five galleries for you to walk through and for a history buff, this is paradise. You can look at the History of Crime, The Consequence of Crime, Crime Scene Investigation, Crime Fighting, and Pop Culture/Counterfeit Crimes. With all kinds of artifacts and hands on exhibits, you are sure to become a huge fan of this new museum. Don’t forget to stop by the front desk to purchase your tickets at a reduced price and save having to wait in line when you get there!
- Lazerport Fun Center – Let the family friendly games begin. Here you will find so many fun things to do all in one place. Gather up the troup and head on over for some family rivalry. From mini golf to laser tag and even go karts, everyone is sure to have an entertaining time here from beginning to end! Who’s going to win? We’ll have to see to find out (whoever does has to buy everyone ice cream, who agrees?!) The name truly says it all when it comes to this attraction that is right across the street from our property.
- The Comedy Barn – I hope you’re ready to laugh until you cry when you join this amazing cast as they present the cleanest comedy show in the Smokies! With music, comedy, and even some magic, this show is an absolute must see! No show is ever like the other thanks to audience interaction (and trust us, you guys have us laughing more than the show staff themselves!) Everyone in your party is sure to be giggling from beginning to end. This is truly my favorite show here in Pigeon Forge, you won’t want to miss it, trust me! Don’t forget you also get a free adult ticket to this comedic adventure during each day of your stay.
We hope you enjoyed this look at Activities within Walking Distance of Bear Crossing! One of the best parts of vacationing in a big tourist area is the fact that you don’t have to do as much driving. There are so many things to do here at every corner and you don’t even have to worry about packing up the car to do so! We’re sure that you will fall in love with our property as soon as you see how many things to do there are right near your condo. So what are you waiting for? Book Your Vacation now and come enjoy these Activities within Walking Distance of Bear Crossing. Oh and don’t forget to take advantage of our Lodging Specials. Come and join our family here at Bear Crossing, we would love to have you!