Budget-Friendly Summer Fun in Pigeon Forge
Summer is here and it’s time to let the fun officially begin! This is the season when most of us are finally able to take our annual vacation that we’ve been waiting for. Giving yourself the excitement of a getaway from our usual daily routine is one of the absolute best things that you can do for yourself. We all need that time to get the rest, relaxation, and rejuvenation that we’ve craving after being so busy. We know that life can get crazy and all we need is a chance to escape from the hustle and bustle every so often. That’s why vacation planning becomes so important and overwhelming. We want to be able to visit somewhere that can provide that peaceful setting to relax in, but also has entertainment to boot. Pigeon Forge might just be exactly what the doctor ordered. With endless amounts of attractions, dining, and shopping options, you will be able to find so much to do. After all the excitement, you need a clean and comfortable place to rest your head at. If you’re looking for that “home away from home” feeling, you should give us a try! When you stay with us at Bear Crossing, we offer two and three bedroom affordable luxury condos that come complete with a private balcony overlooking the serene little pigeon river. You are right smack dab in the middle of Pigeon Forge, but our property still has that peaceful atmosphere that you maybe looking for. As a thank you for booking with us, we have a FREE TICKETS package that you receive for numerous shows and attractions in town, saving you $275 a day! We all know that saving money is a necessity and this is just the place to visit to do so. There are plenty of things to do that won’t break the bank too much. Let’s take a look at some Budget Friendly Summer Fun in Pigeon Forge!
- Pigeon Forge Community Center – This is a great way to spend a few dollars, but get to do so many entertaining things all in one place. For just $8 a person, you will have access to three different basketball courts, a racquetball court, wallyball court, 10 lane bowling area, aquatic center, two aerobics rooms, wellness center, child care center, meeting room, and a walking track. You could make a day out of visiting this center and have one amazing time while doing so! It’s a really nice community center, and is definitely worth adding to your must-do list.
- The Island – This one stop shop offers all different kinds of entertainment with some of it even being free of charge for the general public! You can do some window browsing at a bunch of different and unique shops here like Puzzled and the Kryptonite Character Store. After that, it’s time to grab a rocking chair at Ole Smoky Moonshine and get ready to tap your feet along to some incredible bluegrass music. Performing almost every hour on the hour, these musical performances are complementary so feel free to just sit back, relax, and enjoy the music! Another exciting thing that they provide for us at no cost at all is their Island Fountain Show. Once the sun starts going down, grab a seat around their beautiful fountain and prepare to see one delightful performance. Watch as the water and lights in the fountain dance around to a choreographed set of songs that everyone in your party is sure to love and dance along to! The Island is truly a great place to visit especially if you want some fun money saving entertainment.
- Smoky Mountain Tunes and Tales – If you’re visiting Gatlinburg anytime between June 22nd and August 11th, they will be hosting a street performance festival for us all to watch and enjoy this summer. As you’re walking up and down the parkway, you will be greeted by some incredible artisans, musical performers, and storytellers that will dazzle and delight us with complimentary live performances of characters that date back all the way to the 1800s! They educate and entertain us while telling us all about our Great Smoky Mountains culture and heritage in musical form. This will usually begin at 6 pm right in the center of the parkway. You definitely won’t want to miss this special summer event!
- Little Pigeon River – Located right behind our property is this wonderful river that you all can play in all summer long! Bring some floats and let the water carry you away for a fun day of free tubing. Cool off and spend some time just relaxing in the water without having to drive anywhere to do so. Another special thing about staying at this particular property is that you can actually go fishing at the river behind the condos. Just make sure you have a Tennessee Fishing License which you can pick up at the local Walmart. You can actually fish at most parts of the river, even if you’re heading into Gatlinburg! Get ready to reel in some rainbow and wild brook trout. There is just no fishing in Gatlinburg on Thursdays as that is when the fish are restocked. Also, remember that Gatlinburg has its own additional regulations like you must also have a town fishing permit.
- Patriot Park – This family friendly park offers plenty of exciting things to do at no cost at all. You can bring a football and start your own family football game on their wide open field. There is a walking trail, a pavilion and a gazebo.The absolute best time to visit during the summer is actually on the 4th of July because they will be having a complimentary fireworks show that you won’t want to miss! There are also a bunch of shops located at the Old Mill which is right next door so you can do a bit of window shopping. This is definitely a must visit during your stay.
- Metcalf Bottoms – It’s summer time which means that barbeque and river relaxation is just what we’re looking for now that winter is over. One of my favorite places to visit is actually this location. You will find grills, picnic tables right by the water, and a beautiful river for the whole family to enjoy for a day of fun in the sun. Cool off in the river then get ready to grill up some hamburgers and hot dogs, isn’t that what summer is all about?! You will fall in love with this beautiful spot in the park and best part? A whole day of entertainment at no cost at all, sign me up!
- Hiking – As a quick added bonus, we’ll include some of our favorite hiking trails that are definitely a must see this summer! Hitting the trails is one of the most popular things to do here in the Smokies and you can find plenty of spots to visit that are family friendly. Here’s a few of our must-do’s:
- Porters Creek
- Laurel Falls
- Grotto Falls
- Rainbow Falls
- Abrams Falls
- Andrews Bald
- Alum Cave
- Mount Leconte
We hope you enjoyed this insider’s look at some Budget Friendly Summer Fun in Pigeon Forge! We know that vacations can get quite expensive, so it’s always nice to have some options of fun things to do without having to break the bank. This is one of the best places to visit if you’re looking for entertainment at every corner. If you’re looking for a place to make amazing memories with your loved ones, this is where you want to be. So what are you waiting for? Book Your Summer Vacation now or give us a call at 1.866.453.9696 and one of our friendly reservationists would be happy to assist you with finding the perfect condo for your stay. Come and join our family here at Bear Crossing, we would love to have you! Don’t forget to let us know what you thought about our Budget Friendly Summer Fun in Pigeon Forge.