Pigeon Forge has become such a staple for so many families and visitors every year. With attractions and shows at every corner, easy transportation, tons of shopping, and amazing hiking trails and scenery, you can really find some of everything to do here that everyone in your party will be sure to enjoy. We’re always constantly growing and adding new things, so we know that it can sometimes get extremely overwhelming to know where to even begin even if you’re been here numerous times before. We thought we’d help you out by giving you a few tips to think about when planning your vacation. When you stay with us here at Bear Crossing, we offer beautiful two and three bedroom luxury condos that you and the family are sure to fall in love with. It’ll feel like you’re at home even though you’re on a trip. Our property is also conveniently located at traffic light #5, so you’re right smack dab in the middle of all the action! If you’re wanting to not do a whole lot of driving, this is just the place for you! Another perk of staying with us is that we offer FREE TICKETS to numerous shows and attractions in the area as a thank you for booking with us! With over $275 a day in savings, you’ll definitely want to take advantage of these so you can have an amazing time and save a few dollars while doing so. Are you ready to take a look at some Pigeon Forge Vacation Tips? Let’s do it!
• Brochure racks – You’re going to come across a bunch of these (whether it’s at restaurants or even at our properties), and trust us when we tell you, you’ll want to grab a few of them. Inside you’ll find plenty of great coupons for so many of our attractions, restaurants, shows, and everything else in between. There is nothing better than saving some money while you’re on vacation and these things will help you do so. You even get free items like wine glasses from some of our local wineries, so picking up a few of these will truly be worth your while.
• Military Discounts – If you or anyone you know are in or were in the military, don’t forget to mention it everywhere you go. We love to honor our veterans and military personnel here and truly and honestly thank them for their service. Each place offers their own discounts like at Dollywood, they do 30% off and the Ripley’s Attractions does 50% off. They even give a discount at Old Time Pottery, so it’s definitely something you want to mention while you’re here. From all of us at Resort Properties, thank you so, so much for your service!
• Comfortable clothes/shoes – When you’re preparing to pack your suitcase, there are some important things to keep in mind about our area. You will be doing a lot of walking here especially if you’re planning on going on hikes or going to Dollywood or just even walking around the parkway. Make sure to bring your most comfy pair of shoes and maybe even some hiking boots if you decide to hit the trails! With that, you want to bring some clothes that maybe you don’t mind getting a little dirty. If you’re going to be doing some shopping out on the parkway, you’ll definitely want to be in something that you can relax in. Don’t forget to always carry a little umbrella, we are part of the rainforest! The weather can be unexpected here, so you want to pack for everything – even a cold spell, that way you’re all covered. Don’t forget to also bring a bathing suit if you want to spend a relaxing day on property or visit Dollywood’s Splash Country when it reopens!
• Specials/Discounts – Make sure that you always ask every place about specials especially if you’re calling to book with us! You can pretty much always find a deal when you’re here as long as you look for it. Take Dollywood for example, did you know that if you go in after 3, the next day is free? This is one of the best specials around! It’s such a big park, so it’s nice to know that you don’t have to try and conquer it all in one day. We also sell discounted tickets to Dollywood at our front desk along with the Ripley’s Aquarium, Titanic, and Wonderworks! Save a few dollars and a line when we give you your admission ticket right at the desk.
• Welcome Centers – Trust us when we tell you, you want to visit some of these! Pigeon Forge and the surrounding areas are home to so many things to do that sometimes it’s hard to keep track of it all. Here you can find information about anything and everything you need to know. Are you planning on doing some hiking? You can pick up maps here and get trail information as well as know what may or may not be closed. You can learn about our history, find some great scenic drives to take, and so many other things. One of the best parts of visiting the Gatlinburg Welcome Center is you can actually park your car there for free and take the Gatlinburg trolley for an entertaining day downtown! You won’t have to worry about paying for parking and even finding a parking spot in general (yay!)
• Pigeon Forge Trolley – One of the best parts of going on vacation is hopefully being able to take a break from driving. With our Fun Time Trolley, you can do just that, and get to just about everywhere you’re wanting to go without having to drive through the crowded streets. With fares ranging from 50 cents to $1.00, you can go climb aboard and go anywhere on the parkway, and they even have one dedicated specifically to Dollywood that will drop you off and pick you up right at the entrance to the park! Save on gas money and still have a great time when you take advantage of our trolley system. The main trolley hub is located at Patriot Park which you can easily walk to from our property, or you can park there for free. Check out their site to see hours and run times. An extra fun fact about our parkway is that each traffic light is actually numbered beginning with the Smoky Mountain Opry and ending at the entrance to the spur.
We hope you’ve enjoyed this insider’s look at a few Pigeon Forge Vacation Tips! If you’re looking for an entertaining time for the whole family from beginning to end, this is just the place for you! We welcome millions of visitors here each year and we’ve become a beloved destination for so many families. You’ll be able to make so many incredible memories here and learn about so much history. We can’t forget about seeing some beautiful scenery. If this is your first time visiting, or even if you’ve been here before, we hope we can you some useful tips to take advantage of to make this vacation truly special and something to always remember! So what are you waiting for? Book Your Pigeon Forge Vacation now or give us a call at 1.866.453.9696 and we’ll happily assist you with finding the perfect condo for your stay. Don’t forget to also take a look at our Lodging Specials (see, you’re already putting your Pigeon Forge Vacation Tips to good use!) Come and join our family here at Bear Crossing, we would love to have you vacation better with us! If you’re starting to show these symptoms then I think it’s really a Sign That You Need A Pigeon Forge Vacation, what do you think?!