Spring is on its way to see us, so we’re sure that the vacationing planning has already begun. We all need a break every once in a while and there’s no better time to take one than during this special season full of some of best weather around! Is it your first time visiting the Smokies? Get ready for the views alone to take your breath away. There is so much to do here, fun is truly waiting for you everywhere you look. Most families can be here within a day and that’s why we’ve become such a desired vacation spot. The fun never stops here and we’re constantly growing and adding new things for you all to enjoy. When you are visiting Pigeon Forge, you simply must take thte time to enjoy some of the Best Museums in the Smokies!
We also know that there are plenty of places to choose from when it comes to lodging, so what makes us so special? When you stay with us at Bear Crossing, we offer beautiful and spacious two and three bedroom condos complete with a private balcony overlooking the Little Pigeon River! When you walk in, you will feel as if you’re at your home away from home. We’re also located right smack dab in the middle of town, so you’re in walking distance of so many things in town to do. Best of all, we have a FREE TICKETS program as a thank you for booking with us. This gets you a free adult ticket each day of your stay to numerous shows and attractions in the area, saving you $275 a day! One of my favorite things to do here is visit some of our many museums in the area. Not only do you get to have some fun, but you also get to learn a bit as well. Let’s take a look at the Best Museums in the Smokies to visit!
- Titanic Museum – Grab your boarding pass at a discounted price from our front desk and get ready for one truly magical experience! While you’re here, you will be able to see replicas of the hallways, parlors, and even the Grand Staircase. There’s over 400 artifacts that are directly from the passengers and the ship itself and you can read about all of them and see who or what they actually came from. My favorite part is the iceberg room where you actually get to touch a real iceberg and feel how cold the water really was on that night. The kiddos will love being able to try to stand on the sloping decks. You truly get to feel and learn about what it was like to be on that memorable ship. Find out if you lived or perished and enjoy seeing the Memorial Wall with 2,208 names on it. It’s our own special way of paying our respects to the passengers and crews who were aboard the ship on that fateful night.
- Alcatraz East Crime Museum – This is one attraction that you can actually walk to from our property! Don’t let the name fool you, this museum offers an in-depth look at the history of American crime. There are hundreds of artifacts inside and five different crime galleries. Get ready to explore the History of American Crime, The Consequence of Crime, Crime Scene Investigation, Crime Fighting, and Counterfeit Crimes & Pop Cultures. There’s also a Getaway Car Exhibit where you can see the O.J. Simpson chase Bronco and Ted Bundy’s VW Beetle. The fun doesn’t stop here especially if you’re a fan of crime related history! Don’t forget that you can also purchase discounted tickets at our front desk for this one.
- Hollywood Wax Museum – Are you ready to get up close and personal with some of your favorite celebrities?! Make sure to have your camera ready to snap a photo of you with Brad Pitt and Natalie Portman to try and trick your friends and family back home with. These look so real that we bet you’ll be able to fool at least one person with it. This museum is fun for all ages and one you will definitely want to check out while you’re here!
- Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Museum – This attraction is getting a completely makeover, so we can guarantee that you’ll want to see it once the doors open again! Here you will find one of the kookiest museums around. With over 500 exhibits and artifacts from all the world and 16 different themed galleries (with hands on exhibits), you won’t want to leave this place when you reach the exit. From voodoo to curses and everything in between like a vampire killing kit, this museum has it all and then some and is sure to make you leave wondering about what you can and cannot believe!
- Museum of Salt & Pepper Shakers – This is the only salt and pepper shaker museum in the world! When you stop by, you’ll get to see over 20,000 sets of shakers from all around the world and even a Pepper Mill collection. I’m not even kidding you, my mom and I can get lost in here for hours. Before you go, take a quick peek at the History of the Museum! It’s actually really interesting and it will make this visit even more special when you stop in.
- Alewine Pottery – While this special place isn’t exactly a museum, I still wanted to include it because it’s a must see. Here you will find truly authentic and original pieces of pottery that you are sure to want to take home with you. When you walk in, you can also see people making the pottery right before your eyes. The owner is a firm believer in family tradition and so his family all take part in his shop in one way or another. It’s a magical experience and I love everything about this gallery and shop. Located in the historic Arts & Crafts Community, you won’t want to miss this one, we promise!
- Christ in the Smokies Museum & Gardens – Last, but certainly not least, this special museum is one of the most inspirational and loved ones around. Featuring the telling of the Story of Christ brought to life with figurines, lighting, music, and even some special effects, everyone will love seeing these Bible stories come to life before our eyes in 3D fashion. You will feel like you are truly walking through a Biblical world from so many years ago. We can guarantee that this will become one of your favorite spots to visit whenever you’re in town.
We hope you enjoyed this insider’s look at some of the Best Museums in the Smokies! You can’t beat having loads of fun and learning at the same time. There are so many exciting things to do in town, and these museums are some of my absolute favorites when you just want to take your time enjoying something. If you’re a big fan of history, we are just the place for you to visit. There’s so much of it around here that you are sure to love your vacation from beginning to end! So what are you waiting for? Book Your Smokies Vacation now or give us a call at 1.866.453.9696 and one of our friendly reservationists will help you find the perfect condo for your stay. Come and join our family here at Bear Crossing, we would love to have you! Don’t forget to check out the Best Museums in the Smokies while you’re here, we promise you’ll love them.