Pigeon Forge is a charming town that is surrounded by the beautiful Smoky Mountains. For years, it has been a vacation destination for many families from all over the world, two thirds of the country can actually be here within a day’s drive. As soon as you get into the area, you are greeted by excitement at every corner, from shows to attractions and everything else in between. When you stay with us here at Bear Crossing, we offer beautiful two and three bedroom condos right on the river for you to relax at after a busy day out and about. Conveniently located at traffic light #5 in Pigeon Forge, you are right smack dab in the middle of all the action and in walking distance of so many different places! Another perk of Vacationing Better with us is that you get FREE TICKETS to numerous shows and attractions in the area, saving you up to $600 a day. We all know that one of the best things to do when we’re on vacation is try all the local food and enjoy the goodies that we really shouldn’t be having, but we’re going to anyway because that’s what it’s all about. Luckily for us, there are so many different dining establishments located near our property that you don’t even have to pack up the car and drive to. Let’s take a look at some Restaurants in Walking Distance of Bear Crossing!
- Sawyer’s Farmhouse Restaurant – Located just before the Comedy Barn, this amazing breakfast and lunch spot is one of my absolute favorites. Make sure to come hungry, their serving sizes are huge and you are sure to leave delightfully and fully satisfied! The pancakes are incredible and I love their coffee. I can guarantee that everyone in your party will find something on the menu that they love. The customer service has always been impeccable when I visit and even during the busiest of waits, they have the food out in a timely matter and allow you to take your time and enjoy it. Make sure to try this one, you won’t leave disappointed!
- Pottery House Cafe and Grille and Old Mill Restaurant – If you’re looking for some of the best food in town then look no further! Both these restaurants are a crowd pleaser and are sure to become a new family favorite. The main difference between the two restaurants are the old mill is served family style while the pottery house has individual meals. If you’re in the mood for delicious soups and sandwiches, pottery house is just for you. If you’re looking for more authentic southern style dishes, old mill is already calling your name. No matter which one you choose (or you can go to both, why not?!) you will definitely leave happy and full!
- Paula Deen’s Family Kitchen – This is another restaurant that is served family style and we can promise that there is something on the menu for everyone! Here you can find breakfast, lunch, and dinner menus that are full of true southern specialties. From biscuits and gravy to fried chicken, they have it all and then some. If you’re looking for a meal to fill up the entire family, this is exactly where you want to go! One added bonus is that this is located at The Island, your one stop shop for attractions and shopping and even a show fountain that you can relax around after such a big meal.
- Mama’s Farmhouse – This is one more restaurant that is served family style and features some of your southern favorites like fried chicken, mac and cheese, green beans, award-winning biscuits, and even more! Here you can also find breakfast, lunch, and dinner menu options that everyone is sure to love. Another perk of this restaurant is that you actually get a free dinner and drink here each night as part of our FREE TICKETS program! It’s $20 a person, so that’s a really good savings to take advantage of for how much food you end up getting here.
- Alamo Steakhouse – Located directly across the street from our property, this 2017 Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence winning steakhouse is one of the most fantastic restaurants to visit while you’re here in town. The steaks are hand cut and seasoned in house, the burgers are grinded there, they make their own soups, sauces, and gravies, and the sides are to die for (especially their loaded baked potato!) From steaks to seafood and incredible appetizers, they have it all, and we’re sure everyone will enjoy their meal. Whether you’re looking for a date night with someone special or just a fancier place to go and eat with the family, this is just the place for you! We’re sure you will love the ambiance here.
- J.T. Hannah’s Kitchen – The decor inside this restaurant is enough to have you coming back again and again! Now just add in the delicious food and the casual atmosphere and you’ve got it all here. They have everything from burgers to pasta and some extremely tasty appetizers as well. This family friendly restaurant is sure to become a new favorite with everyone in your party. Don’t forget that they also own Blaine’s in Gatlinburg (which has some of the best ribs around if you ask me!)
- Poynor’s Pomme Frites – Also located at The Island, this is one unique restaurant that will have you coming back for more! Here you will find some of the absolute best french fries around. Along with the fries, they serve authentic German-style food served over the counter. They make all of their own sauces and there are so many good ones to choose from, that’s what will have you coming back again and again so you can try them all. Don’t forget to try their spaghetti ice cream! Yes, you heard me correctly, they have ice cream that is made to look like a plate of spaghetti and it’s absolutely delicious. If you’re looking for an experience that is unlike anything else around here, you’ll definitely want to add this one to your list!
We hope you’ve enjoyed this insider’s look at some of our favorite Restaurants in Walking Distance of Bear Crossing! The food in our area is truly amazing and we’re so lucky to have so many locally owned dining establishments to try. We have some of everything here, so you’ll have so many different places to try on your list, it’s impossible to get to them all (but that just gives you a good excuse to come back, am I right?!) Nothing beats enjoying a meal together with all your loved ones while you’re on vacation, it gives you some well deserved quality time together that you may not get as much when it’s back to the real world. So what are you waiting for? Book Your Pigeon Forge Vacation now or give us a call at 1.866.453.9696 and one of your friendly reservationists would love to assist you with finding the perfect condo for your stay. Make sure to let us know what you think about the Restaurants in Walking Distance of Bear Crossing. Come and join our family here at Bear Crossing, we would love to have you! Don’t forget to also take a peek at some of our favorite Activities Within Walking Distance of Bear Crossing!